Sunday, March 3, 2013

Living with shame/guilt

Hey everyone,

After having a great weekend, I was kind of groggy this morning so I decided to watch church online instead of getting up and going.  I am kicking myself now because I missed the atmosphere of great message that my bishop taught.  Today's lesson was on living with guilt and shame.  I needed this message the most because I realized that I am still carrying the shame of making a bad decision last year.  I even talked about this mistake again this weekend in saying how bad of a mistake I made and I cant believe that I done that. 

However; though my lesson, I realized that I have often asked for God's forgiveness but I have yet to forgive myself.   That is one of my greatest yet simple hurdles to get over.  In my devotion, when I lay my issues before God, I am forgiven.  Therefore; I need to forgive myself in the same manner.  Stop over thinking the situation and let it go!! 

As always, you can read my blog at www.wtmhgospelradio.blogspot.com and you can email me at wtmhgospelblog@gmail.com with any request or responses.

Stay blessed and I look forward to chatting with you.

La Shawnda :-)

Scripture of the week:

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness; according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

Psalms 51:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment