Monday, February 18, 2013

I need a Pep Talk!

Hey Everyone,

Happy President's Day.  I purposely waited to post today instead of yesterday because, well, I have the day off.  Not that I didn't yesterday, but I was purposely being lazy for no reason.   I know it doesn't make sense because I said last week that I accepted the challenge of working towards a healthier lifestyle.  That is still going strong but I did not realize how hard this would be.  I am actively walking but it is out of necessity and not because of health (I have to walk my dog).  But getting down and dirty in working out, I am less motivated now than I was a week ago.  This week will be challenging with my time as I add in my volunteer activities. 

Now I see the problem......my excuses once again is getting in the way.  I have the opportunity to work out at a gym at my residence and I am eating much better but the excuses are getting in the way again.  Typical of millions of people that want to change their lifestyle.  I was once told that working out is 90% motivation to do it and 10% of actual movement.  I pray in my consecration that I will have the motivation and clear mind to do this.  But its going to take a lot of will power.  Good thing that I did was commit to a walking club at church.  There are some ladies that walk at various parks in Columbus and I will be joining them shortly.  All it takes is the starting point!! 

To help with my motivation I saw this little guy on YouTube and he wants to give the world a pep talk.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o. 
As always, you can read my blog at:wtmhgospelradio.blogspot.com and email me at: wtmhgospelblog@gmail.com with any request or responses.

Stay blessed and I look forward to chatting with you.

La Shawnda :-)


Scripture of the week:

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:6 (AMP)


No comments:

Post a Comment